Even if you can’t live without your Fila, Nike, Michael Kors, Gucci stuff, there are ways to buy them without paying a full price. No, I don’t mean steal them or buy stolen stuff, but sales, second-hands from your friend circle, recycling and so on.
I have always sold my brand bags when I no longer like them and use that money to buy a new bag. This is a great tactic because you don’t waste your bags or money. So here’s my quick list for buying quality brands but paying less:
- Sales. This is obviously a no-brainer for everyone. Just make sure to time your shopping perfectly to get the maximum price deduction. If you can wait, the prices decrease towards the end of the sale.
- Brand outlets. These are gems. They often sell last season products, but really if you don’t work for Vogue, who cares?
- Buy online. You can save a ton of money by buying online. International shipping is often free of charge too, you just have to find the right stores that ship to your country. Make sure to do your research on international sizes though.
- Buy when you’re on holidays (not fake stuff though). Obviously now is not the time for international traveling, but when the borders open up again and tourism is back on track, don’t waste your opportunity for tax-free shopping. Many countries offer this and the ones that don’t might still have cheaper clothes than your home country, because of better exchange rates.
- Recycling. Second-hand stores and flea markets are a millennial’s dream. You can get money for your old stuff AND buy new stuff for crazy cheap prices.
- Friend circle. Depends who your friends are of course, lol, but this is a good way to get the style you like for a reasonable price and you’ll match your friends. 🙂
- Cheap sports stores. Many budget sports stores have opened up to compete with the expensive sports stores. They are very good places to find quality brands for less money.
- Directly from the brand. Brands make their own pricing, so when they want to get rid off their last season stuff, they’ll sell their own stuff SUPER cheap. Sign up for your favourite brands’ newsletters and get the info on sales before others!
- Cheap electronics stores. There are always cheaper electronics stores that have the exact same stuff than luxury department stores.
- Budget stores. Brand shampoos can be 30% cheaper than in a normal store! It’s exactly the same stuff too.
So even when you’re living on a tight budget, you don’t have to look like a beggar. 😊💰👏